Friday, March 2, 2007

Welcome Home from Baghdad, Iraq

When you are on a 6-month deployment and you miss big holidays like Thanksgiving, 3 Birthdays to include your own, Christmas and New Year's with family, you simply can't wait to return to their loving embrace!  It was also pretty emotional considering the "activity" I endured in Baghdad, Iraq (prior to the surge).  I was so thankful for Alaina "Snapshot" Fitzner for capturing such priceless photos at the airport!
  Mom and Dad arriving to Salt Lake City International Airport to welcome me home
AMAZING support from dear friends

The anticipation from the crowd once they saw my flight arrived & my call to say I was on the ground!
I couldn't believe the crowd!  I was only expecting my parents and was so touched to see so many waiting...
Momma gets the first hug...her tears make me cry every time!
You can see the tears streaming down my face
Hi Papa!
He's always making me laugh...I loved that sign too!
Another touching moment was hugging LaDonna...her husband, Ken, was still in Afghanistan (365-day)
Thanking "Snapshot"
I love kids so much...I enjoy how they showcase their love
Home Sweet Home...oh how I've missed you!!!
Tyler was able to fly in for his Spring Break from Virginia Tech

No comments: