So I knew it was gonna be expensive to live in the United Kingdom but some of the fees are out of control! I'm charged once a year for just operating a TV...um, almost $250!
So the next bill is similar to Stateside Registration/Emissions testing on your car...they call it road tax and MOT (minimum road safety and environmental standards)...so not a bad thing to have when you buy a beater but you hope you placed your bets on a winner because just the tax and testing alone cost $300...that doesn't include the repairs you'll inevitably pay like I'm having to buy 2 new tires for $200...oh and it has to be retested in less than 10 days or I pay another $80!Don't even get me started on how expensive my house utilities are...can you tell that I'm thrifty? I really have no room to complain though because the AF covers my TV license, road tax and I lucked out to find a townhouse I don't have to pay any rent out of pocket.

No comments:
Post a Comment