My first meeting of the day is 0730 and it's a critical time to gather as much information as possible for my next meeting at 0930. I normally "cram" the entire duration but I just couldn't pass up cheering our competitively selected weapons crew at a quarterly load competition. Pretty exciting to watch and it certainly pumped me up with pride for the hard workers in our AMU.

RAF Lakenheath had all 3 AMUs represented in one of the base hangars. I was proud to see 2 of our jets used for the competition. However, I was biased to the crew I supported!

They loaded a GBU-12 (laser guided bomb I used to manage during my time at Hill), a GBU-31 (JDAM) and AIM-9 missile. They were given 30 minutes to execute the load technically sound (using required technical orders), as safe as possible while practicing "good housekeeping" with the equipment. I could only find this picture of a missile load and it was from a previous competition...I kicked myself for not bringing my camera!
No comments:
Post a Comment