Monday, October 5, 2009

Initial Exposure to Turkey


I've arrived to Konya, Turkey for a TDY (business trip)--our Fighter Squadron/Aircraft Maintenance Unit will be participating in Anatolian Eagle (Turkish Red Flag) this month.  Since we couldn't access the base over the weekend, we toured the local area and did a little shopping.

We passed a few Mosques and this was the best picture I could snap from inside the vehicle.


Many wanted to see the rugs we hear so much about.


Never thought I'd see guys so interested in rugs...they even purchased some!


I liked the modern/contemporary ones...this one reminded me of the boulders in Colorado.


This gentleman calls himself "Coffee" because he "grinds so fine."  He had all the pick-up lines and classic salesman gimmicks but he sure knows how to cater to the military audience!


The next big interest is the gold here. 

I watched the guys buy for their spouses and I drank apple tea...yum!

My purchase was the Turkish Delights!

No comments: