Monday, January 4, 2010

The Nutcracker at Royal Opera House

I've been mesmerized by the ballet "The Nutcracker" since I was a little girl and performed as one of the soldiers for a Japanese orphanage.  That particular performance was the most meaningful until I witnessed this one in the Royal Opera House.


Oh, it was a magical evening.  The orchestra playing all the familiar music (favorite composer of mine), the ballerinas light on their feet with such grace & strength, the beautiful set, how they tossed glittery confetti as they glided across the floor, and how they perfectly transitioned between the songs/story line.  It was unbelievable...I'd go every single year if I could it was that amazing!


The beautiful exterior shot I found...

Isn't it just breathtaking inside?  You can see the orchestra pit right in front of the curtain.  We were in the second row of seats as far right as you can get called "orchestra stalls."  The only better seat was front row!

 I was so glad to spend this captivating evening with my friend, Amy, and her Mom.  What a treasure!!!

No comments: