I decided to take on a task to express my appreciation to all the maintainers in our unit. I had flags flown for each of them on the 4th of July in our flagship (A/C 221 has the 492 FS painted on the tail) by our Fighter Squadron Commander, Lt Col Mixon. I was also told it was his 100th combat mission that flight...very cool!
So I ordered 200 flags on sticks and had to remove 400 staples
Here I am removing the staples
I couldn't allow the staple marks to show, so I cut the flags for a perfect presentation
I taped the flags to certificate folders...800 pieces of double-sided tape was used
I used an excel spreadsheet with a macro to print the certificates
I signed 200 certificates and also had the Commander sign them (we used all the ink in two pens). It was quite the project but to be able to recognize the guys filled me with pride!

1 comment:
Tracie, THis was a fabulous idea. I loved the flag you sent. What a great gift!!! YOu are amazing.
Post a Comment