Thursday, July 8, 2010

Army Gym Time


So there is an Air Force gym, "The Rock" and an Army gym very conveniently located to my B-hut.  I prefer the Army gym since it's in a Clamshell.



The Clamshell opens on both sides which really adds to the air circulation since that is one of the downfalls in contruction around here...inadequate A/C units (still bitter over my office being without)!!!

So above is the conveniently positioned Eliptical that I use...the shelf is a perfect height for my iTouch too.  That is the bonus for me, to have a TV show I want to watch loaded on my iPod to make my 45-minute workout speed by! 
















There were a couple of setbacks I expected to encounter loading TV shows to my iTouch though.  (1) I'd be deployed during the Summer which doesn't allow for many TV shows to remain for downloading (2) The internet connectivity is less than desirable so it takes a loooooooooooooong time to get one show.

Ah, but friends come to my rescue!  I was bulked up with DVDs (Bones, Boston Legal, Criminal Minds, etc) but how to find a way to get them onto my iTouch???  Ah, co-workers hooked me up with a low cost solution.  AnyDVD removes the encryption (lifetime membership cost me $80.44) and Handbrake converts it to mp4 which can be viewed in the "movie" category of my iTouch!  AMAZING!

No comments: