The accommodations for females at Manas are less than desirable especially when you know you're going to be there for a solid week on your way home.
Above is a 144-person tent equipped with bunk beds...it's super hot during the day and chilly at night which forced a ridiculous cold where I consumed a container of tissue!
So I heard about a rumored smaller tent available to women and I went to the lodging office to see if I could move. The gentleman was reluctant to mention it but I was miserable and got his sympathy vote! Try a 42-person tent instead where just a few females were living...much nicer! I only had to be harrassed by other female employees about it being an "over-flow" tent when there are 104 open beds in the other tent...but I wouldn't budge. At one point, the power was shut-off in the better tent but it wasn't their approach to move me...the bathrooms were flooding next store and CE was at work...
So I snagged my fleece and comforter out of my checked bag and you can see my "72-hr bag" next to the bed with just enough for a few days and free laundry!
Speaking of laundry, here is the tent for it. Some gals left some extra Tide so I didn't have to use the generic powder. The only problem was I lost a sock in the process because I left my washer unattended and with only 4 available, the minute it shuts off, someone is expediting the process for you. So I had to hit the gym by 0600, to shower by 0700 to beat EVERYONE to the washer/dryers! :)
So I snagged my fleece and comforter out of my checked bag and you can see my "72-hr bag" next to the bed with just enough for a few days and free laundry!
Speaking of laundry, here is the tent for it. Some gals left some extra Tide so I didn't have to use the generic powder. The only problem was I lost a sock in the process because I left my washer unattended and with only 4 available, the minute it shuts off, someone is expediting the process for you. So I had to hit the gym by 0600, to shower by 0700 to beat EVERYONE to the washer/dryers! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment