I was raised by a family that really values taking the time to express appreciation in a thank you note, send a card for a Holiday or write an old fashioned letter (most exchanges during my college days). As a young girl, I even remember making notes for my Dad when he would go on business trips and hide them in his luggage.

With the lack of space in this house, I've converted my dining room table to my card making area. It's a glass top table but my Mom made that beautiful protector...no need to wonder where I was inspired creatively...

I joined a "swap club" where we make 8-10 of the same card with a theme and swap cards monthly. Above was the card I contributed...very simple since I'm still learning the art...

Not as many people traded this month but here is the talent I received in return...the theme was Spring/Easter cards...
This was my favorite purchase from my recent trip to visit Jane Austen sites. I found a ceramic seal with a "T" and brilliant red wax so I could add an authentic touch to my cards...so cool!
1 comment:
Trace you are just so darn cute-we just love you! I love your creativity and your passion for all these "things of the past" like Thank-You notes that seem to be lost now in this new era of life. I love your blog-you are truly having an experience of a lifetime and I can see that you're not missing a beat. I can't wait to see your findings from your shopping trip.
PS Mr. Riley said at dinner the other night he missed his "Miss Tracie"...it was precious and sad all at the same time...
Much love~
Post a Comment