Saturday, March 28, 2009

Shakespeare Season Kick-off

The Shakespeare Globe Theatre was rebuilt 100 yards from the original and 23 years of fundraising and extensive research makes it the authentic theatre of his day.
The best exterior shot I could get...it's like trying to capture the Coliseum in Rome...

The theatre is open to all the elements and performances continue whatever the weather (which says something considering our location!)
This season is entitled "Young Hearts" where I'll be attending the following performances: Romeo & Juliet, As You Like It, Troilus & Cressida, Love's Labour's Lost, Comedy of Errors and Midsummer's Night Dream. Since I'm sold-out on experiencing Shakespeare while I'm here, I purchased a membership to the Globe to support their infrastructure. One of the perks of the membership was attending an exclusive preview with the Artistic Director, Composer/Conductor, Directors, Designer and Musician. We could hear straight from them on their plans for the upcoming season...such a treat!

2 comments:

"Scoop" said...

ok, NOW we're REALLY jealous!

T+K said...

cool