Wednesday, March 17, 2010

4 Years Ago Today...

So there I was on 17 Mar 2006, at a Jeremy Camp concert in Montgomery, Alabama with my friend, Stacy (we were in Squadron Officer School together at the time).  Jeremy is my all-time favorite musical artist...I bought my first CD at Family Christian Bookstores by listening to a couple of sound-bites without knowing how much I'd fall in love with his voice, musical talent and testimony.  It was a special day to see him on stage...
Amazing lights to complement such beautiful verses drawing you closer to God's Word...
One of the pivotal moments of the evening show was hearing more about Compassion International.  In fact, one of his band members had just received a letter from his sponsored child and read it to us on stage.  I had been on a search to sponsor a child for some time but had yet to find a Christian venue until this night.  Special Thanks to Jeremy Camp to have Compassion in the back with tables full of packages of children of all ages and locations.
Please meet my sweet Celine from Indonesia!  She's turning 9 years old on June 12th and I can't believe I've been sponsoring her for 4 years now.  She just wrote her first letter herself and I'm so proud of her.  I plan to visit her as soon as I can and look forward to that day...

1 comment:

me said...

So sweet...I've had a child from the Philippines for about 8 or 9 years...she's 13 now! I love getting the letter and writing her back...I even send her pictures of Laurel. Such a great organization!