Maintenance Professional of the Year (MPOY) for Company Grade Officer (CGO)
When you career broaden to a different career field to learn new things and work with amazing folks, one of the things you least expect is to be recognized among them. To be awarded the coveted Maintenance Man (in this case Woman...she even has a bob hairstyle) award for the year.Probably one of my favorite moments was having a TREMENDOUS career maintainer (my Maintenance Group Commander) honor me at the medallion ceremony. I've learned so much from her and to know she has confidence in my work meant so much...I love her smile in this picture it really encompasses who she is.
So glad that our unit flagship was out of the paint barn in enough time to proudly display at the ceremony.
Every maintainer needs this picture...my loyalty to BLUE (can you see the tailflash color?)
When you are nominated for a special award regardless of winning, you want to share it with someone special. Amy is the Sister I never had and I'm truly going to miss her friendship. I was telling everyone that "she's my dentist!" I'm so glad she was able to see a maintenance function before she moved.
Maj Lombardo is my Aircraft Maintenance Squadron Commander and he was responsible for nominating me. I have learned a lot from him and so honored he selected me to represent the Squadron in this category.
Lt Col Mixon is the Fighter Squadron Commander that went downrange last year as the Director of Operations and now will have the honor to take his Squadron again. I look forward to serving with him when we depart next month. You can see the "combat" load of missiles and bombs behind us. Oh, and I like how he's started his moustache already...

4 comments:
Oh Trace, this is wonderful-you are awesome and what a INCREDIBLE honor. You are such an asset to the Air Force and we are so happy to have you part of our family. Have a super week. ♥Alaina and fam :)
You Rock!
Trace -- congrats again! It's great that you have so many folks you can share your award with AND who believe in you!
Snazy, I'm so proud of you! You are an amazing women! Keep it up Sista! Love You! Swoods
Post a Comment