Sunday, March 7, 2010

Red Flag Recap


Red Flag is a realistic combat training large-force exercise involving the air forces of the US, other services and its allies conducted on the bombing and gunnery ranges at Nellis AFB, Nevada.
One of my favorite parts to observe is the launch of a fighter aircraft!  Pulling chocks right now...
The send-off...I love the exchange between the maintainer and flyer!
Ah...a perfect combination...jets at the end of runway getting armed with the munitions in the background (inert ones but it still looks cool!)
Yep, it's time to load some more!
One of our superior performers who earned a future incentive flight..way to go, A1C Simpson!
Dropping the Conformal Fuel Tank (CFT) which makes the F-15E so robust by holding an extra 849 gallons of fuel on each side.  I think they make the jet look more muscular in their lethal power!
A couple of engine specialists evaluating the situation...we kept them very busy on this trip!
I had the pleasure to participate in an engine run with SSgt Burns...such a talented crew chief who earned the placement of his aircraft to be front & center for Red Flag!
Getting dirty with a troublesome jet...
...but still taking the time to show-off the find (note the drink of choice for the maintainer...MONSTER)
This was my office for a month...the Pro Super truck driving up/down the flightline...what a life!
The incentive flight arrival for two deserving maintainers!!!
I owe you so much, SMSgt Scofinsky...you've taught me more than you'll ever know and the maintainers love you!!!
Showing him the ropes before the ride of his life...
Recovering the jet at dusk...

1 comment:

El Diablo de Azul said...

I am so jealous of your job! Just like you said, sometimes you need to step back and look at the big picture to see how cool it is. So big question is when is your incentive flight? I can't wait for those pictures.