Saturday, April 3, 2010

First Impression of the Maldives

We're at the London Gatwick airport with passports and boarding passes in hand!
Only allowed to check-in one bag and it can't exceed 23 kilograms...I logged 22.2 kg, BABY!
Here's our bird to paradise!
We've arrived to Male (Mall-E)...
Taking the speedboat from Male to Meeru Island Resort...
Thar she blows!
My first picture of the resort...
The walk to/from the jacuzzi water villa...
The view from the back porch...I didn't sleep well on the flight so I took my nap on this lounger...peaceful!
The amazing infinity pool so close to the water villa...spent many days & evenings swimming and reading under the palms in a lounger.
Exploring the island and found many shaded walkways through the sand...no cement here, kids!
Ah...the beautiful flowers blooming...
I even found my favorite, the plumeria!
Capturing that first sunset...
The perfect spot to sit and watch...

No comments: