For those of you who have deployed before, you know how painful the bag drag can be. So to lessen the burden, I purchased an official looking bag with wheels, baby! I can't believe how much stuff I crammed into it...ended up rolling ABU shirts, PT shirts, socks, etc and putting them into to zipper ziploc bags. All this effort to maintain one convenient bag.
Once we embark on our journey, we have to palletize our bags and only allowed to keep a "72-hr" bag with us...so most of us choose a backpack of some sort and cram uniform and essentials in there...and yes, an essential to me is a laptop/headphones/ipod/book! :)
As expected, I had more toiletries than would fit in either bag or previously shipped "gorilla" container, so thank goodness for hobbies that mail good size boxes! Nothing like hitting the post office the day of departure but at least I'm packed and ready to go...
Staff Features: A Glimpse of Grace
6 years ago

2 comments:
We'll be praying for you! And looking forward to updates.
I love the bags, very clean and official looking. Stay safe!!! Talk to you soon. A
Post a Comment