Our unit finally made it to the departure day for our deployment to Bagram Airfield, Afghanistan. Since we have a showtime significantly earlier than our flight, the Liberty Wing paid for a BBQ that the Mighty Maintenance Group volunteered to serve.
We "manifested" over 100 maintainers and all the flyers. Here we are making our way to the airline:
Our refuelling stop was in Lubeck, Germany...here's a map of all the airports in Germany (Lubeck is one of the top left blue jets on the map):
While we were there, I enjoyed my last "beverage" for the next 120 days and pringles were the perfect beer snack! I did however have to chug the beer since I waited in line for so long...I wasn't the only one wanting that last beer!
But to make the time pass in line, I was able to snap a picture for Todd (his favorite alcoholic choice):
Then I couldn't resist the impulse buy...extra soft gummy bears from Germany! YUM!
Staff Features: A Glimpse of Grace
6 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment