Saturday, December 11, 2010

Cadbury World - a complimentary tour for you

The day started with a few hours at the office so some "good coffee" was required!
Then after a 2-hour drive to Birmingham, I arrived to Cadbury World.
I was greeted with a Chocolate Christmas Tree!
Now it's time to start the tour...there were 14 zones to visit!
Your tour admission ticket earned you some chocolate at the entrance!
Then you are transported back in time when Cadbury was discovered and became popular
Transporting you back in time with Cadbury advertisements...
Wrappers & Tins


Posters!
Then a "buggy ride" with chocolate beans singing/dancing...similar to Disney's "It's a Small World"
But my Acquisition heart couldn't wait to tour the Cadbury factory!  I wasn't authorized to photograph any of the machines but they did allow us to in the demonstration areas...
Liquid chocolate would make a worker smile, huh?
Hard at work...can you imagine trying to concentrate while you have camera flashes going off all the time?
What a cool display!
I'm missing out by moving away next year!
This stop is advertised as "choose your own free chocolate concoction"
 They dispense liquid chocolate into a cup with your candy selection from the containers behind the server...
I chose marshmallows...predictable conclusion when you love Rocky Road ice cream & Smores!
And like any good business, they strategically end the tour inside the Cadbury shop where you are forced to walk the perimeter to "get outta there!"
That's all folks!
The whole experience reminded me of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
A special shout-out to Tyler!

No comments: