Monday, December 20, 2010

Tropical Vacation First Impressions

So I arrived to Madeira, Portugal to spend a Tropical Christmas with the family (my request last year after we got caught up in the Stateside airport craziness for snow delays/cancellations)
Christmas greeters in the airport.
Now the family was supposed to arrive within an hour of me but come to find their airline delays caused them to miss their connection and I'd be spending a few more hours in the airport...no problem, I'll take some photos outside while I wait!

Look, a Cruise!
Mom & Dad arrived after being delayed 5 hours...look, no luggage though...uh oh
The adventure begins...my TomTom didn't register streets and the paper map isn't very detailed
Proof that men do ask for directions!  We were pretty close at this point and the local was so nice!
Parking the car to check-in at the hotel (behind Dad)
Hotel entrance
Cafe seating at the hotel
Bar seating at the hotel
Seating in the hotel hallway
View from the hotel room (perfectly captures the windy day)
Walking down the street for dinner
Closing the day with a Japanese dinner...
...has been a Martin family tradition since we lived in Japan for 4 1/2 years

No comments: